Monday, January 6, 2014

Moonlight Margaritas and Mariachis

12/16/13
From others viewpoint, this lifestyle may appear paradise, and sometimes it is, but is not all moonlight, margaritas, and mariachis. Ours is a simpler life, but it takes more effort to get things done. I love it, but sometimes I get tired. We have always know that we would not be “forever” cruisers, after a few years, I want to settle down in a land house close to my family. Leaving family and friends is probably the toughest part for me, with a close second of not being settled in one place for very long.

When Marcus hurt his back, and it looked like we may not be able to take the boat out, I started to think. He hates it when I do that, because you never know what kind of ideas might start germinating, sometimes they are sheer genius (in my humble opinion) sometimes they are ravings of a lunatic. What if we just stay here and rent a house for the winter . . .hmmm what kind of house/apartment can we rent here and what will it cost? This is not a new idea, but it was gaining ground with our potential setback. We looked at a couple of places, two of them looked right over the bahia where all the sailboats were anchored out. AHHH it was so wonderful! Upscale gringo community and small, but nice and about $800 per month. This is a little expensive in Mexico, and for us, but as in real estate everywhere, location location location.


Now I am really thinking hard about just renting a place and staying for the winter, but Marcus is now recovering, so we make plans to head out. I'm feeling down, just not up for the challenges ahead. One of the up sides of cruising is meeting new friends, on the other hand, you may leave right after you start getting to know them. I get moody, and neither Marcus nor I like living with me very much. It will pass, and the sun will shine again.
Mi familia

No comments:

Post a Comment